Fortified Health Security, a leader in information security, compliance and managed services focused solely in the healthcare industry, is now an approved HITRUST CSF Assessor. Developed by healthcare and IT professionals, the HITRUST CSF is a certifiable framework utilized by HITRUST CSF Assessors to provide organizations with a comprehensive, flexible and efficient approach to regulatory compliance and risk management.
“As healthcare organizations rely more and more on technology and data to run their operations and treat patients, compliance has become an increasingly complex landscape to navigate,” said Dan L. Dodson, president of Fortified Health Security. “HITRUST offers a trusted benchmark from which covered entities and business associates can measure and manage their own compliance while offering proven protection to their patients and customers.”
The HITRUST CSF was developed to address the multitude of security, privacy and regulatory challenges facing healthcare organizations. By including federal and state regulations, standards and frameworks, and incorporating a risk-based approach, the HITRUST CSF helps organizations address these challenges through a comprehensive and flexible framework of prescriptive and scalable security controls.
Quickly becoming a Gold Standard for Business Associates, a HITRUST CSF certification sets an organization ahead of their peers with regards to a functioning, sound security program.
With one simple compliance process, the HITRUST CSF:
- Harmonizes and cross-references existing, globally recognized standards, regulations and business requirements, including ISO, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, and COBIT and State laws.
- Scales controls according to type, size and complexity of an organization.
- Provides prescriptive requirements to ensure clarity.
- Follows a risk-based approach offering multiple levels of implementation requirements determined by risks and thresholds.
- Allows for the adoption of alternate controls when necessary.
- Evolves according to user input and changing conditions in the healthcare industry and regulatory environment on an annual basis.
- Provides an industry-wide approach for managing business associate compliance.
“Every healthcare provider has multiple compliance obligations that require extensive human and financial resources to manage,” said Dodson. “The HITRUST CSF provides a roadmap with a prescriptive set of controls to manage compliance across the regulatory landscape. With the HITRUST CSF certification, our clients can be assured that Fortified’s risk assessment services are in line with the high standards set forth by HITRUST.”
Learn more about Fortified Health Security’s role as a HITRUST CSF Assessor here.